Remove this ad

Lead

May 4 12 5:39 AM

Tags : :

This map is based on a real abandoned factory located in my hometown and my old never released map
"Nachschub":
This map will be different from my others, i will use the Teddys for some secrets and other stuff
like hidden rooms

First screens:

EDIT: i will update the screenshots from time to time in this first post:
3 "ingame screens" and one from Valve Hammer Editor
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 4 12 12:43 PM

Re: NZP Contestmap "Factory" (WiP, Name is not final)

Nice to see first map topic , Looks queit good, thought I would scale fence texture down. Loving ground texture.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 5 12 12:24 AM

Hi, dr_mabuse .
I'm agree with Ju[s]tice, looks good but you should to resize the ground texture.

Well, I have to add something else, in the second screenshot, I can see that the barricade is floating, hehehe...

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 5 12 6:24 AM

thx

Replaced the screenshots with new ones
You can now see what they create in this factory
The sandbag in the last screenshot is missing, lol.
And the nice blue skycolor doesnt show on the psp

EDIT: some stuff got removed and the doors and barricades are now matching to the
original NZP maps, so nothing is floating in the air anymore.
I will also update the 4 pictures in the first post with actual ones, they are on my
webspace so you will see the progress from the map

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 7 12 7:42 AM

Thx
Updated the first screenshot, i have now added a electro trap and replaced the old doors with new ones.
The door texture is taken from a NZP map, so it looks more fitting to the rest of the maps.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 7 12 4:18 PM

Just make sure the map isn't too big. NZP had lag issues in version 1.1 even on smaller maps but the big maps cause more ram usage. That means more crashes with the error of "run out of RAM for textures." This map looks promising though. If you can try to make broken down machines with blinking red lights on em. Looks scary and lets ya know it's still a factory

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 8 12 5:25 AM

@Ignis55: This isnt possible, because the broken perk machines are just unsolid models using "place_model", the working perks have a light, the broken are just a "decoration"

The map will have around 4 - 5 rooms and a outside area, and should be run on the psp without problems.
I will also make some nice stuff with the switches and shootable teddys to make the maps replay value higher

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 8 12 9:16 AM

Nono I mean old, rusty machines with glitchy evil lights on em. It'd give the map more of a factory look. Plus you need bloody writing somewhere with either a hint about what to do or an ominous message on a wall. Written in blood of course the map looks awesome so far.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 8 12 9:20 AM

Dont worry, messages are already done, but not placed on the map..
The problem is this should run on the PSP, and i will keep the map clean and with not too much details,
the PSP is the "big break" in mapping for nzp.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 8 12 1:08 PM

What I was refering to by machinery is like old machines with conveyor belts and the standard factory look. Don't give the player too many ways between the zombies. The bigger the space = easier escape from zombies. The machinery would provide less space for the player to escape so you have to think about which way to take to escape instead of simply walking around the,m. Narrower passages can also give you more opportunities to just unload yer ammo straight into the zombies without missing that much which also means more points for you in the end. Look at all the Treyarch zombie maps, Kino der Toten, Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, and NZP's Wahnsinn map. They all have small to medium rooms and the maps all loop around so you can just let the zombie mob follow you and you pick em off little by little while running. I realize there's a ram limit with psp of course but as much as you can do to make the map crazy is all good. I like this map so far and I'm not trying to bash it or anything I'm just giving constructive ideas here. Follow the ways the Treyarch guys make their maps for zombies and do it in a similar fashion and yer gonna be bound to succeed

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 8 12 1:12 PM

dont worry, the map will have difficult areas
i dont want to say much, but the pack-a-punch is located in a dead-end area,
and you can die fast there

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 17 12 9:21 PM

Updated the screenshots in the first post, and i am running out of time, so this map will only have about 5 - 7 rooms atm.
teddy is used to open some stuff, but its top secret lol xD
About PSP compatibility: It crashes sometimes, but i hope it will run in the next NZP build.

About the final name: i think i will use "Ankunft der Toten" (Arrival of the dead) as the maps name.
Ankunft der Toten was the name of an older unfinished map from me and never released before.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 23 12 5:40 AM

Ok i am officially OUT of the contest..
I dont have time to finish this map, and the map doesnt run on the PSP anymore.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 23 12 10:28 PM

Why not make a separate psp version? Much smaller, no skybox or anything that eats ram badly, less detailed textures, less rooms than the pc version. That way it'll run on psp. I plan on making maps specifically for psp version and some for pc.. no skybox is the way to go for psp version unless Broken Line figures out a way to implement skyboxes without it eating ram. Even then we don't look at the sky much anyway, we're too busy blasting zombies limbs off with shotguns and stuff.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 25 12 11:55 AM

The compiled map is HLBSP, around 500kb in size, PSP map has NO skyboxes, and all
textures have the same size (PC map has external HQ textures in TGA format)...

And well, i am sick of wasting months now with Quake modding and mapping on the PSP,
and everything ends in crashing the PSP because the engines are full with bugs and strange
errors...

On the other side i just realized that the PSP is now finally "dead"....
I think only 2 of the announced PSP games on moddb will survive, the rest will
die because the coders/modders cant handle the "unknown limits" or swap to another
platform like the PC...

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 27 12 9:18 AM

I don't think the psp is "dead" yet. remember the Vita is $250-$300 bucks atm(not including the memory chip you have to buy and brand new games and accessories which in the end yer spending a good lump of cash.

psp has several emulators working even without half byte loader. I have gba psp, nzp, kurok, doom, halo solitude(old) and the left4quake demo.

the psp isn't dead but it is on it's way out. once the Vita reaches an acceptable price the psp will die. I'll be scrapping mine in favor of the Vita when I get one

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

May 29 12 1:46 AM

It unfortunate that you could not the map to work in.
I could help ypu debug it. What exactly is wrong with the map in psp? Out of memory or what?

Also have you tried to run game in december release?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help